Friday, April 29, 2005

Where am I now?

Thoroughly bored in my current job. It’s bad, I’m not alone, and it’s only getting worse. I’m good at what I do, I’m capable of being much better, but it just isn’t going to happen. It’s all any of us can do just to show up everyday.

We are quickly approaching less than 100 employees, and as I’ve mentioned before, we had well over 2000 not so many years ago. There was a layoff last Friday and this weeks “Bring Your Kids to Work Day” just wasn’t the same. Not with all of these people who have just a couple weeks left, looking kind of lost, didn’t want to bring their kids, and well, it’s just no fun. To top it all off, a co-worker of mine, often more of a rival, was promoted and is now my supervisor. I don’t care all that much, everyone else who now works for him are more concerned than I am. It’s complicated, a long story I really don’t want to drag on about, but I just don’t care that much anymore.


I’m pretty darn sure that my wife is back together with her old boyfriend. I’m totally excited again too. I’m not sure the guy is the perfect match for her by any means, but he had made it through a couple “incidents” and is back after several months.

I only know this because she is wearing a particular man’s watch again, his kid was there the other day, and I quizzed the heck out of my kids and got all the info I needed. R has been hanging out recently, I saw him leaving as I was coming to pick up the kids as well. I can only speculate and fantasize about my wife finding a compatible partner from this point on. Is that weird?

Myself, I’m a bit lonely. The frantic and constant attention my kids, animals, and other responsibilities provide still don’t quite fill the void. I’ll work on that soon.

Fej

1 Comments:

Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Well, I'm with you...I'm glad to hear about the boyfriend news. Ok, but does he have a job? We only want a man who you won't have to support..lol. I'm trying to make you laugh.

I'm sorry about the lonely part. How's the list going? If you'd get on top of that (nudge speaking) you could work on the lonely part. (yes i'm a pain..but you know that)
C

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home