Monday, November 15, 2004

Dancing and cartwheels in the parking lot just before pulling my hair out.

Yes, I wanted to dance and throw a few cartwheels in the parking lot of my wife’s apartment as I pulled up. Ryan was there and there may still be some hope for them. It must sound really sad when someone gets so excited about his wife possibly finding a boyfriend. I don’t care. That’s how I feel. I reaffirmed that he is a nice guy. The first time I met him was on a Friday. I was supposed to have the night off but my kids called and asked that I come get them. He seemed like a good guy that night but I like everyone after I’ve had a few drinks...

His kids are a bit unruly but then whose aren’t. My wife and he were both smoking cigarettes when I arrived, normally not a problem, but they were inside with the kids. I let it go, since I had just finished the cartwheels and such. Come on! I’m trying to help them work out. Give me a break, I’ll get after them on the smoking part later.

We had to drop something off at my sister-in-laws on the way home and I had already left work later than normal. After I pulled the kids out of there it was almost 8:30 PM. I spent the next hour on 6th grade math and lunches. My oldest is a very smart kid. She has also inherited her mother’s lack of patience and my tendency to question the importance of seemingly unimportant tasks. So she spends about 30 seconds on her homework and then the next 45 minutes complaining about the cruelty of the world (more specifically, middle school math).

This is where I started pulling hair. Once she decides that it’s pointless, you can’t convince her otherwise and she is her own homework nemesis. This is also the same child who has read the entire Harry Potter series 4-5 times through (without asking her to do so).

Tomorrow the kids will stay with their mom. My weekly conference call with China will surely be painful and right after that is my 9:10 PM indoor soccer game. Hopefully it won’t be against another premier high school team. I’m sure I’ll be back, blogging (or complaining) sometime shortly after 11 PM.

Fej

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home