Monday, November 08, 2004

Insurance Month

Insurance that would have happened anyway: It was open enrollment month at work. The 27% increase in premiums prompted a lot of us to seek out insurance outside of work. In my case it was a close call but I signed up through my job in the end.

First unplanned event: (Although I should have expected it) My wife’s most recent car wreck. I’ve already mentioned this previously but the car is still in the shop and it will be a week or so still until it is finished. The total is at a little over $4000 right now.

Second unplanned event: My recent car wash incident. The boss-of-the-boss-of-the-car-wash finally called me today and said I need to get two repair quotes. They came in at $780 and $1,100. Holy crow, I didn’t even think it was that bad. That’s an expensive car wash.

Third unplanned event: I decided to call my home insurance company to have an adjuster check out the hail damage. I was most concerned about the cosmetic damage to my fence. It looks all polka-dotta-ish. I met the adjuster this morning at my house. He was on my roof marking stuff off with chalk. I’m getting a new roof, new swing set, new lawn chair, new window screen on one of my front windows, and the back and top of my aluminum shed replaced. And I was worried about my fence... he said the markings will all blend together in a year or so. Holy crow.

Drive carefully, avoid car washes with open service doors, and pay those premiums...

Fej

1 Comments:

Blogger brokenangel said...

I recently exercised my insurance rights also from a car accident I was in earlier this week. After this little escapade I have gotten myself into, my rates will be sky high. I have paid my premiums and been careful but I will be insurance poor this time next year. And they make millions of dollars a year. How grand.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home