Sunday, November 07, 2004

Dirty car solutions

How do you prevent a clean car from becoming completely trashed right afterwards? One, don’t clean it in the first place so then it doesn’t really change all that much. Or just get rid of your car trashing kids.

No, I’m not going to do either. A dirty car will eventually drive me nuts and despite the crumbs, stains, stress, and spills I still love my kids. I do need to go clean up a ranch-dressing spill still on the floor in the back. Don’t ask how it came about, it’s one of those long drawn out stories and I swear I put the top on right.

I can no longer use my kids as a place to express my feelings. They rat me out every time. My parents know that I voted for Kerry and my sister wants to help me look for houses. The Kerry thing isn’t a big deal but I didn’t want to advertise that I’m looking to move. For one, it won’t happen for at least another year and two I don’t want my soon to be ex-wife hearing about it just yet. It will bring up old memories and just make matters worse.

I went to Wal-Mart a while back to pick up a CD, apples, dish soap, all by myself. It took a bit over 30 minutes inside the store alone. That doesn’t include finding a parking space and then trying to get back out of the parking lot.

Today we stopped at Target to pick up a “TechDeck” pack for my oldest daughter. I distracted my children with a bogus holiday display to check out a really pretty woman (yes, she was that pretty), then they went off to the toy isles, I found a shirt, I pulled them away from the toy isles, and we checked out. We were back in the car and on the road in less than 30 minutes. I hate shopping but love Target.

Fej

4 Comments:

Blogger != said...

I absolutely abhore Wal-mart, but actually like Target. Mostly because there are quite a few cute girls working there. :)

1:01 PM  
Blogger ro said...

Well, living in NYC I don't have either WalMart nor Target (read with french accent). The closest is in Queens, which for me would me taking two subways and that, in Manhattan terms, is way too long to go shopping. There are no cute sales people at Target and if they are, they are women. Boo hoo for me. It makes me happy to hear, though, that you checked someone out...since I've moved to the States, I didn't know that American men did that. ;-)

5:40 PM  
Blogger Fej said...

I can't imagine getting myself anywhere but by car, maybe to the mailbox... or the bathroom. Living in New York must be completely different. Shopping sounds like no less of a pain in the ass though.

9:45 PM  
Blogger ro said...

Sometimes the grass really does seem greener on the other side...I wish, for one day, to be able to hop in a car and drive everywhere...instead of shlepping everywhere.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home