Thursday, November 04, 2004

Another day with Fej.

I almost forgot about the car wash incident until I walked by the damage this morning in the garage. Why do I have the nagging feeling that this won’t be one of those easily solved kinds of events?

My trash day was moved up to Thursday’s and thankfully I had set an alarm to remind me. It was nice also not having to run outside halfway dressed trying to beat the garbage truck to the curb. For the last couple weeks it’s been really close. If I leave it out all night someone will undoubtedly run it over or steal it (both have happened) or a dog will get into it. So, I leave it up to my keen ability to remember events like trash day and usually end up charging out of the house in shorts after hearing the truck coming around the corner. Now that Thursday is my trash day, the truck was nowhere in sight even as we left the house.

I’m actually spending 50% or more of my time at work in my new job. I was told about this well over a month ago and absolutely nothing had changed. Now, my first project has had some initial success and will probably keep me pretty busy for quite a while. Of course several things from my old department are now popping up too. I barely have time to watch stocks, read the news, check the weather, and ask me when the last time I played solitaire was? I suppose this is all good. It is, but in R&D they can pull the plug at anytime. At least in production support they wait until your current project is wrapped up.

The only downside so far is that I’ve had to do a lot of soldering. I actually had an operator take the soldering iron out of my hand while training a group of them on a new technique several years ago. My discovery was great. The customer and my managers were thrilled that I had fixed the problem. However the parts that I had added the solder to looked like they had been in some sort of accident. Anyway, the operator had watched long enough to realize what I was trying to demonstrate. I suppose they figured could save the part from being scrapped for cosmetic reasons and completed it on their own.

Yeah well, my new fixture may look like crap but it works. My skills haven't improved at all.

It’s going to be Friday tomorrow and I can’t wait for another weekend to flyby and be over before I know it.

Fej

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home