Friday, October 29, 2004

Yes, I finally went political.

So Osama (Usama) decides to rear his ugly head, just prior to one of the biggest elections in recent history. Not surprising, but how do you read it? He was seemingly ambiguous initially but I think his message could have big implications.

He boldly denies that the president of this country can truly prevent any further terrorist attacks. Actually, I agree entirely.

He also bashes on Bush and says that he has been lying to the American people ever since 9-11. I also agree, I don’t think we could expect any president to give equal time to someone who claims responsibility for the single most devastating (civilian) attack in our history.

Coincidentally, I watched Fahrenheit 9-11 tonight for the first time. My first impression is that Mr. Moore has learned a lot from the Bush administration. Objectivity, lack of sensationalism, avoids propaganda, no not Moore, is he Republican or Democrat? I’m guessing that we can’t give Bush that much credit though, Moore did a very good job of distorting facts, injecting ridiculous conclusions without any shred of evidence, and basically leaving me with the impression that two wrongs most definitely make it right.

I still disagree, and despite my hopes, the opposition to Bush has left me sadly disappointed. There is no good candidate in this race. Both sides have made such ridiculous fools of themselves that (at least in my case) in the year that record voting is expected, I am completely de-motivated. I just hope that some propaganda-infested flunky from either party shows up at my door this weekend. If they aren’t asking for candy they are going to get a load of reason that I don’t think they want to hear.

I haven’t been swayed by anyone in my indecision so far and I doubt anyone will be able to. This isn’t blissful ignorance, it’s just a realistic stance that Bush has screwed up and the Democratic Party has failed to provide a reasonable opponent. Now, I have to decide do I vote at all? I won’t vote for Bush again, but can I live with myself if I vote for Kerry?

If I don’t vote, then can I complain about everyone?

Undecided and disappointed,

For the record, my kids are 2 for Bush and 1 for Kerry. They argue about it more than I do, go figure?

Fej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home