Sunday, October 24, 2004

Still a kid.

For a Sunday, it was not that much unlike most of my Sundays. I had my nephew to boot but that has become pretty regular on weekends also. I made four different breakfasts today and then four different lunches. I suppose I am to blame for this but most of the time I don’t mind that much either.

We went to the park and while the kids played, so did I. I brought a skateboard and rode a little. I hadn’t tried a rail slide on a parking block in who-knows-how long. I didn’t break anything and if I wasn’t so worried about my toe I could have landed it... eventually.

I also brought along my son’s new remote control car. We picked it up for $7.00 at a garage sale down the street. I felt bad for him because I had convinced him to spend his saved up money on a RC car awhile back. He spent $25 and the thing can barely make it over a dirty sock in the hallway. If you can’t get over that then you aren’t going anywhere in this house. The lady we bought the used one from said that all it needed was a power pack. That set me back another $20 but that was only $2 above what my son had already spent.

I charged it up the night before. Early that morning before the kids were pulled unwillingly from their beds, I turned it on to see what it could do. Holy crow, that thing is fast. Even in low gear it is much too fast for indoors. This little car can easily do 15-20 mph on open road and unless it gets high centered or flipped over, nothing but a dead power pack can stop it. It only lasts about 20 minutes but it’s 20 minutes of pure fun.

Once the battery died at the park I was ready to go. I didn’t want to push my luck skateboarding anymore since I had a soccer game in a couple hours. I dragged them out of there and after the multi-menu lunch we were off to my game. We finally were up against a team that we could beat but thanks to a bad call (ending up in a PK) and my goal being recalled for me “supposedly” being offside, we lost again. Oh well, it was still fun.

You know your kids are tired when they scream, yell, cry, and argue about going to bed early and then fall asleep before you get the chance to kiss them goodnight.

Fej

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Good for you! I need to remind myself to play more.
-K.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home