Sunday, October 17, 2004

Time

One thing that my wife said today that really caught my attention was that while speaking to my oldest, she wanted to start taking the kids for a week at a time.

You might think that I would be shocked and taken back by this, but if you’ve read any of the recent stuff that has happened with her you’d understand that it isn’t even realistic to expect her to do that. On the other hand it did get me to start thinking. I think I’m beginning to realize that this may be exactly what I will eventually need. I obviously need to start spending more time for myself. I don’t have time to do anything around the house without constant interruption. This is a huge change from my previous thoughts in that I always thought that I had to have the kids all the time and take care of everything. For the last two years it was a necessity and I had to be everything for the kids. While it has been nice on the one hand it has been a bit taxing on me. I don’t want to give up a minute with them but it would be completely unfair to their mother to have them all the time. She is not a bad mother, she is just a person going through a really difficult time.

I hope that spending more time with the kids will help her to get on her own two feet and give me a chance to do whatever it is that I have to do.

Fej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home