Thursday, October 07, 2004

EDG

Our EDG (evil dwarf gerbil) is coming around quickly. After consulting the all-knowing Internet, I learned a few techniques to quell this evil rodent’s dislike for gnawing on fingers. We now have leather gloves near by the cage that she has become acquainted with. She nearly chewed through at first and almost drew blood even with the glove on. Now, if you stick you gloved hand into the cage she won’t even attack. She will even crawl into the glove and let you pick her up. We’ve progressed to the point where we can handle her with bare hands after initially getting her trust with the glove. She’ll still bite bare skin a little but it seems more out of habit then like before when she was trying to reach bone.

So after showing my oldest daughter how to handle the EDG I left her alone. My oldest beckoned the little ones to come see. I returned to laundry and vacuuming. Eventually I was summoned by yelling and screaming back to the room where the EDG was. My oldest was in tears and the EDG was on its side, breathing, but obviously in some sort of “not normal” condition. Apparently while walking around, the gerbil pooped in my daughters’ hand and then shrieked out loud. They put her back in the cage and at that point is where I found it in whatever shock-like state she was.

In just a few minutes the EDG was back in action, drinking water, eating, and clawing at the sides of her cage. I’m leaning towards too much excitement and it had a little anxiety attack or something. If I’m right, it figures. I would get the emotionally disturbed gerbil. If anyone who knows about these things happens to fall upon this site then please let me know what you think.

Fej.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO!!! This is the kinda thing that happens in my house! Best of luck with EDG, and btw you are a very cool dad.

-K.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home