Thursday, September 30, 2004

Today:

The technicians at work broke one of our machines today. All because of safety improvements added to prevent a reoccurrence of an operator from another department hurting himself while trying to lift a heavy bucket of solvent. The 60+ year-old woman who has been doing this job for the last year has never had a problem.

My wife got out of the hospital today. I don’t think she is ready.

Her therapist drove her to my work to get a key to my house to get her keys to the car. That’s a confusing sentence but all you need to remember is that the therapist was one of the most beautiful women I’ve seen in a really long time. I think I need therapy too...

I left work a little after 5:30 and as usual I could not make it home before 7:00 PM. I’ve been told that one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I don’t think I should ever go through the McD’s drive through near my house again and continue to hope that they might get the order correct for once. Then again it would be an excuse to get therapy...

I haven’t wanted to watch TV (other than the silly cartoons my kids watch that hypnotize me) that I remember for months. I did however plan on watching the presidential debates tonight. After the multiple stops, traffic, and drive-through delays, I made it home a little after 7:00. I managed not to throw my trash-can-destroying dog through a window, popped a beer, and watched most of the debates. Besides several trampoline-related arguments, the only other interruption was my wife’s phone call, who is now back at the hospital. Since she is still on vacation I may have to go pick her up from the hospital again some time tonight.

I didn’t get much of anything else done and the list of to-do’s is growing exponentially. Only one child went to bed crying tonight and it was just a horrible excuse for being really tired.

On a positive note, I might possibly have a connection on a new job. I’ll keep you posted.

Fej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home