Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I'm back

Miracles do happen. How do I prove this you ask? Well the fact that you are reading this should be proof enough. It’s been what, three days, umpteen million restarts and reloads, and yes, my new OS and recently formatted hard drive are working just fine. What’s even scarier is that everything I backed up prior to this crack dream reload is actually transferring to my new configuration.

I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop, or in my case, the PC to explode and rip me into little pieces. I paid dearly for this upgrade in time, frustration, and lack of preparation but everything does appear to work. I’ll just pretend that this was a normal PC upgrade that millions of people go through on a daily basis and my own unique experience shouldn’t be considered as “normal”.

In the meantime, I’ve made it to and from Colorado to close my grandfather’s cabin, been assigned to a newly created division in my company, become very familiar with my children’s potential step siblings, and well heck, I survived. That is enough and I’m thankful for everything. I’m even thankful that when stepping from the trampoline into a chair that broke in half, the resulting scrape on my shin was mild in comparison to what I expected. My kids got a real kick out of it too, it’s just unfortunate that no one video taped it or I’d be $10,000 dollars richer.

Fej.

1 Comments:

Blogger brokenangel said...

Welcome back and in one piece. Scratched and a little more worse for wear but still in one piece.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home