Monday, September 13, 2004

Computer's lose

Machines (computers, fuel pumps, toasters, and whatever other inanimate objects out there continue to taunt me) lost this one. I am burning backups on my new CD writer as I write. It was painful and needed multiple re-starts, but my new burner and my computer are working now. If everything goes as planned, I’ll back up the essentials, wipe out my hard drive and start over fresh.

Given my success so far, this could be my very last post from this PC...

I survived the weekend despite it being a bit different. I can’t help but still get a little excited at the thought of my wife getting involved with another seemingly responsible and self-sustained individual. I haven’t propositioned her on what’s going on yet because I don’t want to screw things up. Weird, I know.

The trampoline has been a big hit with the kids and I’ve enjoyed it immensely myself. Is the house any cleaner... well I have more leverage and well, okay I’ve been busy watching potential step siblings to my children but alright... no. I did however put my foot down (not on the trampoline) today and convince my youngest daughter to begin working on her room. It will take time but we’ll get there.

I’ll be out of town this weekend yet again and this time to help my grandfather close up the cabin and get back home. I’ll miss a baby shower held at my house for my sister-in-law. I didn’t blog then, but this time last year it was she and I living together and taking care of the kids. It was really weird (as most things for me are) with her being 19 and practically a mother to my children. This is another really long post that I’ll probably never get too. To make a long story short, one of the most important things I tried to impose on her was to wait until she was settled in life to have children. Four months after she moved out of my house and in with a recent boyfriend, she was pregnant and couldn’t be happier. I don’t want to rain on her parade, but I’m still a bit disappointed.

Lastly, but definitely the highlight of the month, we got my oldest daughter into the mid-school she wanted to go to. I called today and mistakenly they told me her transfer was approved. I told my wife and she went down to the new school with the transfer paperwork. There was a computer mix-up (go figure) but in the end the transfer was approved. My daughter was ecstatic and happy for a fresh start. It really made my day (month) and I hope this works out better for her.

Not bad for Monday the 13th.

Fej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home