Saturday, September 11, 2004

Saturday

For a four day week, the weekend sure took its time getting here. I made it though and Saturday has passed successfully. As a continuation of yesterday’s post, I now have my wife’s new friend’s daughter staying over at my house tonight. Is that just weird or what?

My middle child and his daughter really hit it off. They stayed over at my wife’s apartment last night and played all day together. I even stopped by earlier in the day and she didn’t want to come back with me. That is pretty rare for her.

I decided to try bribing my children to put a little more effort into helping to keep our house clean. I bought a trampoline today and stated that you can only jump if you have cleaned up your mess. They made a good effort today and I let them jump before everything was done. (BTW, I can still do flips, but my lower back is sore... it sucks getting older.)

A little later on, my wife called to check on the kids. Then she asked a couple questions about computer stuff. That was a little strange but they were at his apartment and I guess he has a computer. She called back again and this time put him on the phone. He went into a full explanation of what sort of work he does (it sounds like he has the potential to support her, Fej does flips and cartwheels...) and then describes how his business is being attacked by previous employees. I guess these guys are some pretty sharp hackers and have really screwed up their network. He wants me to take a look at it but I warned him I wouldn’t be able to help much but I could point him to trustworthy people who could. I spent about 20 minutes talking to him on the phone, I just can’t shake this weird feeling though.

Tomorrow my soccer season starts up again. I’ll be sore until Wednesday at least but I’m looking very forward to the game. My oldest has been crying a lot about her new school. She is very sharp but totally unorganized. I’d like to blame my wife for this but I’m just recently improving in this category myself. I’m making a big effort to help her out, but she can’t stop worrying about it.

Fej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home