Friday, September 10, 2004

Friday night?

I had planned on a rather typical night (even for a Friday) but it turned out differently. My wife called about 45 minutes before I left work but I didn’t have coverage of course. I got the message later and she was just calling to let me know that she and Ryan were taking the kids swimming and I could have the night off.

Okay, that was just weird. Go out, drink, party, have fun, the kids are fine? No, I just don’t know what those words mean. The Ryan part didn’t hit me until later, after I found someone to go drinking with me of course. My friend from work L was open to a last minute beer. We drink well together and could have easily stayed out way too late. My oldest called though and asked that I pick them up. I cut things short and headed to the apartment. To my surprise, Ryan was still there. To my additional surprise he was very nice, and good looking (in a “I want my wife to find another man” sort of way). I was surprised that she mentioned him at all to begin with much less that he was still there. It turns out that he has two kids of his own and they had no intentions of leaving anytime soon. My middle daughter even decided to stay and finish his daughter’s toes (painting that is).

I left completely… well… excited. He was nice and apparently interested in her so that led me to fantasize about a man who could love her, take care of her, put up with her, and still want to do all of this at the end of the day, with her. All of which, I can no longer do. Holy cow, this is weird. I really liked him and my wife and I got along just great even though my son was totally distraught about whom to stay with.

That is the sad part, deciding whether to stay with mom or dad. But it worked out quite well. I guess this is what I think must happen in order for our divorce to finally happen. She needs to be with someone, all the time. This person needs to be able to put up with a lot. Can he do it? That remains to be seen but I’m just ecstatic that it might be a start. To Ryan... a toast to what could be!


Fej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home