Thursday, September 02, 2004

Getting ready for vacation

Since my life is too busy for work, I took tomorrow off. It’s a good think I did, because with the silly make-up softball game tonight, I didn’t get anything done. Our team sucks. Tonight though? We definitely did not suck. This team creamed us of course the last time we played but we were actually ahead most of the game. I didn’t want to play, almost called and said I couldn’t make it, and of course the girls I left at home had problems. So for once, when I didn’t want to play at all, the game lasts nearly an hour and a half. But of course, we still lose. I’d have been better off not going for personal reasons and because I was so distracted, I played like crap. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.

We are partially packed and I can get the rest of it done tomorrow. I finally decided to just rent a car trailer to take my Jeep up to Colorado. It is safer, easier on my tires and transmission, and the guy I was going to borrow the dolly from lives way out in the mountains.

My oldest is still struggling with middle school. Every single night, she says she is done with her homework. Then at exactly 5 minutes until bedtime I hear a shriek and she comes running in telling me how she forgot about another assignment. Tonight was no exception and she is beginning to fall behind. I think I’m going to just let her stay home tomorrow (normally a big no-no for me) since we are leaving town anyway. She can get caught up and hopefully stress both of us out a little less next week.

Thankfully softball is over. I enjoyed most of the season but I just can’t do this while the kids are in school. Soccer starts up in a week or so, but I’ve been doing that for years and the games are on the weekends. I won’t be posting this weekend since I’ll be back in lack-of-technology-land again.

I hope everyone has a good weekend and I’ll pester you more next week.

Fej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home