Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Too busy for everything

I just don’t have time for work anymore. Between dropping off and picking up the kids (technically my wife is supposed to, she’s at about 60% right now), all the financial crap I’m doing, trying to keep my house from becoming completely inhabitable, occasional laundry, car problems, wife problems, homework… the list goes on and on.

I’m trying to think of a convincing argument to get my employer to continue to pay me while not actually going to work. I think they already have a name for it though and it is called “unemployment”.

My Suburban is back up and running after a very painful repair job. It runs great again. I’m still stressing about towing my Jeep up to Colorado this weekend though. A friend of mine is willing to loan me a tow dolly but after everything I’ve read about them I’d really rather use a car trailer. Those cost money though and he is lending this to me for free. I don’t quite know what I’ll do yet, but now that my grandfather has heard that I’m trying to bring the Jeep up he is also looking forward to it. There is a particular “trail” or road if you can call it that, we used to travel every summer as kids. It leads to a sharp cliff, an amazing view and some mines from the 1930’s that were left from gold diggers. The road has gone to crap over the years and has been closed by the Park Service. They opened it back up a couple years ago but no one has a vehicle that is able or that they are willing to take up there. Now I’m committed, for possibly multiple trips given that the Jeep seats only 3 other than me.

I will probably need to take a half-day of vacation on Friday, as we are nowhere near ready to go. I have a make-up game of softball tomorrow night that I don’t want to go to but I know they need me. I need to go grocery shopping, find a car trailer, but new sprinkler valves, faucet valves, get my wife to feed the cats, and pack for three children and me. Yup, a half-day ought to do it, not.

Fej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home