Monday, August 30, 2004

Random thoughts

Cats are a pain in the ass. I have three, none of which I personally acquired, however I feel that pets are a commitment. I take good care of them but want to toss them great distances at times. Like now when my middle cat jumps from the bed, to the keyb*ord, to the monitor (if you could only see it shake), finally to the warm PC itself up on top. This morning as we were rushing out the door my youngest cat had cornered a mouse in a pile of laundry. I managed to grab him in my son’s shirt (which he was very proud of) and place him outside.

My new (to me) car left me high and dry this evening. It was running great and just died. I sat there for quite some time before deciding that it would be a shell of a car if I left it there overnight. I had it towed to a nearby dealership and await anxiously to see what this will cost me. I’m (surprisingly) hardly stressed about this at all. Given the last six months of car troubles I’ve had this is not much of a surprise, it’s just with a different vehicle.

I called my wife today (after getting a call from my 11-year-old 20 minutes after school was over) to see if she was going to pick up the kids, and her speech was extremely slurred. Last year at this time, she was heavily addicted to medication. I know she isn’t past it despite what she says, but she has been doing very well lately. I didn’t let her come pick me up from the dealership, my sister luckily was able to take care of it.

On a lighter note, here is one of the best kid moments I can recall:

My youngest daughter was 4, my son 3. They were running around the living room. I started to notice that my daughter’s laughter was turning to nervous cry/laughing as she got close to catching her younger brother as they raced around the room. He runs with so much arm, butt, and head movement that his chubby little legs don’t move very fast. As her skinny little legs brought her closer and closer, her laughter changed nearly completely to crying. I raised my voice and asked, “What is going on here!?”

She replied “My brother is chasing me!!” as she was about to run him down from behind. I have a small house, it’s a much better story if you are in the living room while I tell it.

Fej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home