Sunday, September 26, 2004

Weekend fun

We had a good weekend. I didn’t do anything to speak of on Saturday except eat too much and take a nap. I didn’t exactly get the night off with all of the kids and my nephew here, but they are getting easier to take care of. On Sunday morning I was able to sleep blissfully until 9:00 AM. Okay, it wasn’t blissful by any means: I forgot to turn off my alarm on my exterior temperature thingy, and between my dog, one of my friendly cats, and my son, it was just about impossible to get out of bed much less turn over. By 9:00 AM I was ready to get up just to get a little personal space.

We played pretty well in our soccer game but were out done by a much younger team. They scored 5 goals in the first half while I played forward. Then in the second half I move to sweeper and they scored only one goal, which was debatable at that because it was unclear whether the ball actually passed the line.

I got to have a few beers with my team afterwards and then had a good birthday get together at my parent’s house afterwards. Other than from my parents, I didn’t get a single gift, purchased from a store. My kids though, after realizing it was my birthday spent most of Saturday morning either making some sort of cheesy gift or finding a toy that they no longer wanted. That was good enough for me, because I couldn’t possibly expect them to pick out a good home entertainment center all by themselves. At least they tried, that was all that mattered.

Fej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home