Tuesday, September 28, 2004

New job?

Today was the first meeting with my new boss. I was a meager 23 minutes late. I wouldn’t want to set any precedence that might give him false expectations. Actually, this wasn’t an overt attempt to show any sort of defiance or hope that he’ll get used to me being late all the time. It was just traffic and a whole friggin bunch of it. My sister doesn’t have room in her car to take all of my kids and hers to school. Braniac (me) didn’t even think of leaving the Suburban with her so instead I took my oldest to school and she took the younger ones.

My plan was to drop her off 20-25 minutes early and I’d slide in right on time or just fashionably late. We didn’t even make it to her school until my meeting started. My late arrival was luckily probably forgotten since our staff engineer of the group came in 5 minutes later than I did. I don’t have much confidence in this new group. Our company won’t invest in any new opportunity unless they are guaranteed 40% profit margins with little or now startup cost. And if it looks, behaves, and manufactures exactly like every other product out there we make. Basically, unless some miracle opportunity falls on our plate, they will close this place out soon.

It’s not my new group I’m concerned about its just that it’s not likely they will support anything we come up with. I’ve been assigned to what is basically an R&D group, with no funding. When you don’t make any money and no money is put in, what do you think the output will be?


Furniture

I have new (to me) bedroom furniture thanks to my brother-in-law’s brother. I just need to pick up the bed tomorrow and somehow get all this crap in my house. I don’t really have any furniture to speak of in my bedroom except for the King size waterbed my wife left me. I never wanted it in the first place but she has an upstairs apartment that won’t allow it. I’m going to drain it, happily move back to a mattress, and have room for drawers in my bedroom again. Of course fitting myself, a dog, a cat (if they are far enough apart, two), at least one kid and sometimes two, into a queen size bed again will be difficult. That’s okay though.

Fej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home