Monday, October 11, 2004

Confused

Other than being extremely sore today nothing was much out of the ordinary. Actually, work was pretty normal everything else was a little weird. First off, I was way more than sore, I was limping the first half of the day. I was beginning to wonder if I should take off my shoe to look for the telltale signs of a fractured bone. Then after lunch I noticed that I was walking much better and while it certainly still hurt I was obviously getting better quickly.

I went to lunch with a friend of mine. Not only did I buy a gas guzzling SUV, but also I’ve taken it a step further and influenced another person to do so. We shopped around a few places and it’s too late, he will buy one. He’s got 4 kids to my 3 and is still married so it would be hard to argue that he doesn’t need that sort of vehicle anyway. Plus, I don’t think I told anyone that after moving to full synthetic oil I’m now getting a whopping 15.1 MPG city and 18+ MPG on the highway. Not bad for nearly 6,000 lbs. and this is way over the manufacturer’s expected performance. But I also drive like I’m 40 years older than I really am.

The other weird thing today was the slowly but surely progressing issue (as I see it) developing. A woman that our company laid off a while back was re-hired recently. I really never took a lot of notice of her then because not only was I still married and living with my wife, but she had just given birth to her third child and appeared happily married also. We talked a little and had worked together for several years but that was about it. Now, she is back and apparently also going through a divorce. Lots of guys here had lusted over her before and were the first to inform me that she was back. Now it’s just different.

I’m not ready, but she has been looking at me and I’ve definitely been looking at her and they invited me out last weekend and I couldn’t go and now I’ve put all the pieces together and my friend has explicitly told me that “I’m going to hook you two up.” Of course then today when they asked if I could make it on Friday I said yes. But I’m not so sure.

Then again, I can fit her and her kids, myself and my kids all in the Suburban with room for luggage and towing capacity to spare. Go figure.

Fej.

2 Comments:

Blogger Faisal ... said...

Hi Fej

Good luck for Friday and hope that everything goes on fine.

Just to let you know, you are probably the fastest blogger I know so far.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Fej said...

Faisal,

Thanks for continuing to check in on my site. I really enjoyed all of the pictures from your blog. I hope all is well with you too.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home