Sunday, October 17, 2004

Weekends

Another weekend like the last two and I’ll request a new assignment at work that will require working weekends.

Friday night was a late one so I didn’t get off to a rapid start. After picking up the kids, closing down the swamp cooler, pulling the really heavy third seat out of the Suburban, we were off to help my wife move into her new apartment. It is in the same complex, she is just moving from a one bedroom into a two bedroom.

After about 6 ½ hours of fun there we made it back home by nearly 10:00 PM. I didn’t bother to set an alarm but it was almost 10:00 AM before I woke up. I had to be at my soccer game in BFE by 11:00. That was another tough game but I don’t think I have any injuries to speak of. There were still a couple boxes left and we had to get a couch from my sister-in-laws also. There were a couple awkward hours of hanging out at her apartment afterwards. The kids wanted to go to the park so we eventually left.

The gym.

Another factor of my physical pain this weekend was how sore I was. I don’t know how to work out at a gym. Apparently the bench press bar is a lot heavier than I thought. I added way too much weight. Then I started in on sit-ups and leg lifts. Now, 3 days later it still hurts. This happened the week before also. I think it’s a combination of unfamiliar equipment and pushing myself a little harder. At home I must wimp out a little easier with no one around. At the gym, when I realized a little late that I had selected a bit too much weight, I pushed myself to put in a decent amount of repetitions before changing weights. I just hope I end up in better shape to handle any future weekends like these.

Fej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home