Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Teen angst, gas mileage, and I still have a job.

My oldest daughter has been rapidly changing in a lot of ways. She is quickly approaching 12 and I’m dreading everything about middle school. She has done well so far and compared to her peers she is probably behind. That’s still way too much of a change for my first little one...

Thanks to my wife getting “lost” the other night, it cost me $264 to get her car out of the impound with towing fee’s. So, she paid for this from our shared account of course and changed my surplus into a minus. I could have transferred money from savings or used a card with a little more notice. Since Costco only accepts debit cards or their own cards, I decided it was time to really test the gas mileage of my Suburban. I drove a little over 650-miles on the last fill-up and still had a couple gallons left but I was nervous though. She finally got her SS deposit today and transferred less than $264 but enough for me to get gas at Costco at least. With a 44-galon tank, you’d hold out for Costco prices too.

Not only did I not get laid off today, but also my new boss dropped by and gave me my first assignment in my new position (that I’ve had for nearly a month now). Supposedly there was going to be a layoff today. The rumors are right about 50% of the time, who knows, my story might be different tomorrow.

Fej.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

My 11 year old has already started the pre-teen drama. Yeesh...it's not pretty. I'm thinking of finding a support group or something.
-K.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Evan said...

I stumbled across your blog a few weeks ago, and have been rivetted ever since.

I really hope you get to keep your job.

Good luck!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home