Saturday, October 23, 2004

Alarm clocks and basketball

It would appear that I cannot be trusted to sleep without setting an alarm clock. My sister’s early morning call was just a mere interruption and I went right back to sleep. I eventually decided to shove my dog aside and upset a cat by lifting my head high enough to see the time. Holy crow it was 11:00 AM. So that’s what my kids are for on the weekends.

On that note, (parents please feel free to back me up here) I have to peel them from their beds at 7:00 AM every morning for school. On Fridays and Saturdays I allow them to stay up way later than I was ever allowed to and they pop up like daisies no later than 7:30. So how does that work? They get 2 hours less sleep but burst out of bed? My youngest still doesn’t know Monday morning from Saturday morning either so it isn’t just the lure of no school.

Here I am now ready to hit the sack at 7:30 PM which makes a whopping 8.5 hours of consciousness. What a wuss. It may also have something to do with me cracking open one of my new beers before 5 PM, always a no-no for me. The three kids plus my nephew however are still running strong.

Health update:

For those still concerned with my son’s health condition, he had a relapse of severe stomach pain. It was pretty bad. Pepto didn’t even dent it and even the cure-all vitamin C also failed to curb the pain. He even requested to go to the doctor. If it wasn’t for dribbling the basketball in the kitchen he may not have made it.

And I quote: “My stomach feels much better dad, it was my arms. I needed to move my arms.”

Fej

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

LOL That happens at my house too. I have to drag them kicking and screaming out of bed during the week, but on Saturday and Sunday you'd think it was a race to see who gets up the earliest.

However, making them get dressed? That sucks everyday of the week.
-K.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home