Friday, October 22, 2004

Driving me nuts.

I wish I could say that I was making this stuff up, really I do.

I drove over 130 miles in town yesterday. I had taken a half-day of vacation to accompany my daughter on her field trip. My son had taken ill the night before and while he was actually sick, he was really hamming it up. He went from his head hurting, to his right leg hurting, back to his head hurting and then miraculously to no pain at the sight of fudge. All in 5 minutes. I wanted to drop him off with his mother for the day just in case. She is helping to care for an injured person in their home for part of the week.

Oddly enough this is the same person that I read a news article about a couple weeks ago. I guess he is the friend of a friend or something and somehow she became involved. It’s a horrible injury but the circumstances are suspect. I don’t even think they put the dog down. I'm still cringing.

Anyway, I was running late and was going to drop him off after dropping off my oldest. I drove all the way back across town but she had left her phone at her apartment. I was supposed to meet her at this guy’s house and I didn’t know where it was so I had to drive all the way back still with my son. My sister was able to meet me at the school.

After the field trip out to a local volcano (inactive of course) I dropped my daughter off at school and went to work. I was halfway through lunch and my phone rings. My wife had been in another car accident. Luckily no one was hurt, but this has been her 10th or so car incident in the last two years. This time it wasn’t her fault so that is a plus. The car however is in pretty bad shape. I wouldn’t be surprised if they total it. That wouldn’t be so bad if we didn’t owe more than it is worth.

I told my boss I’d just make this a full day of vacation since I had to drive across town to release the car from the towing yard so the dealer could pick it up. Then I had to pick up the kids of course too.

(big sigh)

Fej

1 Comments:

Blogger != said...

That is amazing...The dog story was on Yahoo! news a while back.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home