Friday, October 22, 2004

GAP for me!

I picked up my wife and her patient today to get the rental car. This is the guy from my last posting who was brutally mauled by a dog. I met him and had the opportunity to talk to him for a while. He was a nice young guy and seemed rather upbeat considering what he’s been through.

I’m terribly curious to know what really happened but I even went through the precaution of coaching myself to greet him with “nice to meet you” as opposed to my usual “how are you doing?” Given what he went through I think it may have made a world of difference.

Of course the car rental lady was beautiful but I’m not as bothered by those situations as I used to be. My wife was of course trying to capture the attention of the entire rental company but I’ve learned to block her out. There was a message from the lovely Maud on my phone when I got home so I’m figuring it’s a problem. Probably with my wife and her driving record, I can’t think of anything else.

The good news is that I did purchase “GAP” insurance with this car. Now that I know this, I’m asking everyone to hope with me that they total the car. Then, I would gladly purchase her a < $2000 hunk of metal and help her to attain liability coverage in her own name. She’ll be a bit put out with her new ride but I’ll be free of a huge burden and a major liability. I bet my insurance still drops me but whether they total it or not and I should probably be shopping for a new provider.

Our old company dropped us last year after her 4th incident. I couldn’t find anyone that would quote her alone for less than $350 a month. That’s just her and on a single car. I opted to omit her from the policy with my new company and I’m paying considerably less for 3 cars with full coverage. This is the 3rd claim this year where I wasn’t behind the wheel of the car. I knew it couldn’t last but I hoped it would last longer than this.

I ended the week nicely though spending the evening bottling the beer we brewed a couple weeks ago. My birthday present from my parents was a brewing session at a local brewery. Tonight we bottled and took it home. My good friend and I stuck around and had a couple beers.

What are the chances of a small meteor surviving the atmosphere but retaining enough mass to destroy a 2002 Nissan Maxima that happens to be mine? Slim I know, but I’m still an optimist.

Fej

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home