Monday, October 25, 2004

Nothing New?

Something profound should occur everyday, right? Well, not today. Maybe I shouldn’t dismiss the fact that I was at work well before 9:00 AM today though. Any of my several bosses over the years would say this was a “profound” day.

Other than my unusual work behavior nothing much else occurred of mention. Whoo Hoo!! A good day for me?

I suppose I still have a few things on my plate that need finishing:

It seems that I’ve been able to convince several people at work that my job is not so safe. The layoff that was supposed to happen last week was apparently called off by corporate due to a temporary increase in orders. A lot of corroborated rumors have frightened a lot of people into finally realizing what is actually happening. Let’s just say that the New Year will bring a lot of “new opportunities” for many of us.

I still haven’t heard from the dealership. My wife is complaining left and right about her crappy rental. If they by some miraculous chance actually total her car it will be a very devastating day for her. The rental is a 2003 Dodge Neon. It doesn’t have power windows or a CD player. It’s hardly even driveable. I mentioned that it should get good gas mileage and she shot back that it’s almost at half-tank and she hasn’t even gone anywhere. I only mean to insult one woman here, this is directed at my wife only, but I don’t think she could calculate MPG if her life depended on it. I’m sure the little four-banger in there does a bit better than the 3.0 liter 255 hp engine that she hammers down all the time.

Parent-teacher conferences are tomorrow and I will have to endure at least one of them with my wife. This is always a difficult time. I think she is much better shape than this time last year (stability-wise) so hopefully it won’t be a fiasco.

I lost it with my little ones tonight. Their room is beyond messy once again. They sponged the entire in-service day away with their mom and her newfound love, Cable. On-Demand to be exact. I’m sure she can afford it no problem. Anyhow I’ve referred back to her and how much she frustrates me three times in one posting, I’ll stop now.

They were full of energy to spare and I had mentioned the night before that they would have to clean tonight. My stupid trash-eating dog set me off, because I forgot to put the trash can on the table. Should I really have too? Breath deeply... he is a great dog but can’t control himself around refuse. I sent them to their rooms to clean and after multiple interventions, a lot of yelling and false threats on my part, they managed to put a dent in their room. Barely, but it was noticeable.

See? Nothing happened today and I’m still frustrated.

Fej

3 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

ROFLMAO! Hon, your posts always make me feel so much better. At the end of just about every one of them I sigh and say to myself, "It's not just me. It's not just me."

Trash-eating dog: This is why I have no dog. I can not possible comprehend taking care of one more living thing. Oh and, we're only home for about four hours a day and that wouldn't be fair.

Kids' rooms: I refer to them as pits. And literally my eyes have to cross and my head spin around before anything remotely close to cleaning happens in there.

False Threats: Yeah. I say "One-more time" about 24 times a night.

Here's to blogging...one of the things that keeps us sane. :-)

'Night
-K.

11:27 PM  
Blogger != said...

Your days of "nothing new" are more interesting than most all my days. :-)

10:57 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Dodge Neon crappy rental: Been there done that, must be Enterprise. Tell your wife that at least she didnt get an Aveo, that's an even smaller car than a Neon.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home