Thursday, October 28, 2004

Changing and stuff

I was a late bloomer. Friends of mine were shaving their faces long before I was growing hair anywhere other than on top of my head. I was also way behind. I may have been a bit on the younger side when I had my first kiss, but when others were talking about “what they had done”, I was still trying to figure out “they were doing what?” I didn’t figure it out until I was probably 13 or so. I didn’t have anything to talk about personally until much later than that.

Now... It’s so much different now. I drop my little “first born” daughter off at school each morning and it’s just so different. There must be a lot of girls being held back for 2, 3, even 4 years at a time, because I don’t remember any of the girls in middle school looking like that. The way they dress is an entirely different story. My daughter on the other hand, is also a late bloomer. She is blooming much too soon for me, but she is behind from most of the girls her age. I hope this is a good thing.

She takes a shower now and runs (covered with a towel) from the bathroom to her room. Her door is always closed thanks to the evil hamster and that we have three cats and a curious dog. But recently, as I barge in asking what she wants for breakfast or why she isn’t ready for school, the first thing I hear is “Hello! Knock before coming in?!”

It was just yesterday I think, that I held her in one hand. Just yesterday that a “foot” was a “thut”, and asking to see here “boots” resulted in her pulling up her shirt (right in the middle of Sears). I dropped her off at preschool for the first time and this weird secretion like stuff crept from my eyes while I drove to work. I wasn’t crying it was just some allergic reaction.

Now, what a good friend of mine warned me about is all I can think of: “We were the best of friends and then one day everything changed.” He is going through a tough time with his adolescent daughter. So, how the heck did my parents get my psycho sister to turn out so good? I need to have a talk with them.

Sorry about the sappy stuff.

Fej

2 Comments:

Blogger brokenangel said...

Teenage girls are evil. I know, I was one. So I can say that. They are evil, selfish, know-it-all creatures. And I have to remember that I will have to deal with this soon enough. (Ok so my daughter is 5 but I know it's coming). But through all of the nonsense that teenage girls give you, it's worth it. Look at how I turned out (SMILE).

11:16 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I would have to agree. I can't remember girls looking like they do now, middle school and HS alike. I dont remember girls in HS having as big as boobies as they do now or even driving nicer cars to school than I drive now. I hate to see what it will be like when my daughter hits that age.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home