Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Artichokes etc.

I left work and headed in the direction of my wife’s apartment. I called ahead as I always do and she told me she wanted the kids to stay the night. We talked just about the whole time I was driving, close to half an hour (not my “anytime” minutes either).

She is doing much better and does want to start having the kids stay with her a couple days a week. I’m okay with this too. It’s hard for me to be away from them, but I think I need this time too. We’ll have to transition everyone involved into this slowly, the kids especially. If she continues like she has been then hopefully this will start to work out.

We also openly discussed that we need to get the divorce settled soon. I’ve been avoiding this for two main reasons: she has not been emotionally stable enough to deal with this and I have never wanted to get divorced in the first place. I think I’ve said this before but I just don’t want to be married to her. We’ll see how things go...

The house was all my own. Did I clean, did I slack, and did I do anything worth mentioning? Nope. But I’ll tell you what I did anyway.

I organized and filed some bills and paperwork that have been building up. It’s Tuesday so I also sat in on an hour-long conference call to China. I cooked myself an artichoke for dinner too.

I’ve always liked artichokes (with lemon-butter sauce of course) and decided to pick a couple up. I was alone and after grabbing a few other non-essentials I looked for the shortest line. I then chose to stand in a significantly longer line because of the strikingly pretty new cashier. I had a little while to wait and noticed she was indeed very pretty. The guy in front of me shamelessly hit on her so I just tried not to look intimidated. The moment took a violent turn when she grabbed for the artichokes. As some of you may know, an un-trimmed artichoke has leaf ends like a cactus. She quickly found this out the hard way and was even bleeding a little too. Great, nice first impression doof-ball. It worked out pretty well in the end though. I explained what “what the hell” they were and she wasn’t mortally wounded. She even laughed about it once my transaction was complete.

Despite how I try to tread lightly, maintain my wallflower like presence, and avoid significant interaction with those I most want to interact with, something usually trips me up.

Fej

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home