Sunday, November 14, 2004

This time I mean it...

Whew, I finally cleaned up. It’s always crazy here. We typically have a whopping three to four hours of consciousness each day at out house. About an hour in the mornings as I brutally rip my kids from their slumber and force-feed them breakfast. Then we typically get in around 7:00 PM and it’s bedtime at 9:00. I’m a push over so it’s usually 10:00 before everyone is asleep. Then I tend to my blogging habit until I go to sleep.

The point is that between homework, dinner, breakfast, and blogging, I don’t have all that much time to keep this place clean. Usually weekends are nuts too and we are driving all over town and going to games and birthday parties and every other sort of thing. On Saturday I fretted most of the afternoon that I had forgotten some sort of commitment. Today I expected something to come up but nothing did. I had no excuse left; it was time to tackle the house.

Things look much better. I sounded like a brutal dictator laying out the rules for keeping the living room clean and my kids paid about as much attention to my ramblings as they do anything else not remotely related to cartoons: “what did you say Dad?”

Fej

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home