Thursday, November 11, 2004

Where to begin?

At work, I’m busy and rumors are flying like crazy. Nothing new except that I’m busy.

The kids stayed with their mom last night since today was Veteran’s Day and there was no school. I explicitly left their backpacks with her so that they could do at least some homework and prevent it all from piling up until tonight. I should have just left them at home, it would have saved me the trip to pick them up from her apartment tonight.

My sister-in-law has finally started going into labor. So my wife dumps the kids (without backpacks) at my moms. Tonight was my first indoor soccer (Evan-football) game so I had to drive across to town to that, and then back further across town to get my kids, and then back again to our corner of the earth, home. I bet if I bought a Hybrid, Geo, or Prius, I’d get a job within walking distance, quit soccer and I’d have no need to drive all over the State like I do now. Buy an SUV and you need to drive everywhere, go figure...

Speaking of soccer, I’m a bit bent. I decided to sign up for indoor this winter in hopes than my butt will be in a bit better shape next March when outdoor starts up again. So, my team of 30 + year old men signs up and hits the pitch (field, artificial turf, whatever…). We end up playing a team made of <18 year-old Varsity high school kids from the most notorious private school in the state. These are the guys getting scholarships to various universities (in a couple years) with energy and plenty of subs to spare, not to mention a coach. We are a bunch of beer drinking 18 + 14 years and up group who hope that our soccer playing makes up for the beer we drink. It didn’t go so well. For us. If you were a 16-year-old punk who has no reason to shave anywhere, it was a great night. No wonder there were so many parents there, their kids were probably not old enough to drive. I’ll be right back, I need to go get some more cheese to go with my whine...

To end the night: I picked up my kids from my parents later than normal, had to stop at my wife’s apartment for their backpacks, and then help get three kids through a week’s worth of homework in just over an hour. My sister-in-law never even went to the hospital, it will probably be a couple days before she has the kid. I walked the Gerbil, made three lunches, was glad to see feedback on my blog, and can clearly see that tomorrow night’s planned drinking will be screwed up one way or another.

Fej

4 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

Drinking is the work of the Devil Fej! Or at least, one of her minions. I have the most appalling hangover today. Awful.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Hey, I noticed you posted a pic of yourself. I have to say, thats not what I expected you to look like.

3:05 PM  
Blogger ro said...

Hey Fej...
..just dropping by and feel I must comment on the comment above by Sara. How cryptic can she be? I have add, that I didn't expect you to look like that either, but with much more positive tones.
;-P

7:53 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Okay, I have to appologize or however you spell it. I actually pictured you as a fatter geeky looking man. Sorry, it was really due to your job field. It wasn't suppose to be a negative comment at all ;)

I have a sister who fits the mold of single white female ;)

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home