Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Can't Work Today

I don’t blog while at work very often, but I just can’t help it today.

Just before lunch a good friend (and reference) called to say that he got a call from the HR department of the place I interviewed at but didn’t get the job. I hadn’t even told him I didn’t get the job yet though, so I guess it’s about the new one I applied for? Then after lunch I had an email from another friend (and reference) asking me to pull weeds in his yard and paint his house so he could feel better about putting in a good word for me.

Then I just got an email from my current employer’s HR lady wishing me the best of luck, she had just given me a great recommendation to the same place (and that she wouldn’t tell anyone either).

That’s why I can’t work now. So, I blog.

Fej

3 Comments:

Blogger Christie E. Little said...

!!!!!!!! Woohoo!

See I told you, the job you're really supposed to have is out there for you!

I'm so happy. My fingers are crossed for you. At least something good happened at work today for you.

C

3:00 PM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

Good luck Jeff, as long as you keep the right people on side, you're doing well for yourself. Networking's an art in itself, but if you're sincere a network will do it's own work for you in the end... take care

11:03 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Crossing fingers for ya!

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home