Saturday, April 23, 2005

Golf, Beer, In-laws, and not so tired kids.

Today was fun. We sucked all over that golf course, between the four or us we probably lost 6 or 7 balls over 9 holes. It was fun though. We had a few beers afterwards and then I went back to hang out with my parents who had been watching the kids.

My sister-in-law that I haven’t spoke of possibly at all here, arrived back in town tonight. This would be the sister that is just a bit younger than my wife but older than the sister that lived with me when my wife moved out. Anyhow, I’m not going to bother trying to catch everyone up on her right now, but she’s back from Japan. Her husband is still stationed in Japan and I guess they might be calling it quits. Who knows, it’s happened once before though and they still got back together.

She embarrassed the heck out of me and provided for a very awkward moment in front of my wife’s family this evening. Not entirely unexpected but we all managed. Anyhow, she seems about the same, her son is much older of course but he has a pacifier still... That has to go. He’s nearly four.

My Dad swore that the kids would be asleep before 10:00 PM out of sheer exhaustion. I just called him back asking for a refund, they are still going strong. He didn’t seem all that concerned.

Fej

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

ROFL Of course he didn't! He wasn't the one at home with them! LOL

7:00 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

are you sure you guys didn't have the few beers BEFORE you went out and lost 6 golf balls on the field?
Don't feel bad...I stink at golf too! But it's fun to go out anyways on a beautiful day and laugh your butt off about it!
You're not going where it sounds like you're going with your x wife's sister are you?

7:07 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

You're such a tease - to mention the awkward moment but not give us any juicy details. :)

And my little cousin used her pacifier until just after starting kindergarten, well after turning 5. The only reason she finally gave it up was seeing that her classmates didn't still have their pacifiers too.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home