Thursday, March 17, 2005

Zip, Nada, Nothin

I got nothing to talk about tonight. I always say that... it’s never true.

Have you ever seen someone get knocked out before? I hadn’t until last Tuesday. I forgot to it before but one of our team members accidentally kicked the ball into the stands. As the referee so astutely described it, “You have only one fan and you knock her out?”

Yup. It was a 10:00 PM game so we didn’t exactly expect a crowd but one of the guys’ wives showed up. Every thing happened so fast, the ball hit her just to the side of her face (luckily) and she slowly kind of leaned back, closed her eyes and then went unconscious. We then all get the “uh, what do we do now?” sort of look and quickly approach. She comes around in just a few seconds but had no idea what had happened. Wild.

Well, the race is officially on now. My co-worker had his phone and face to face interviews already and things went well. I have this nagging feeling that he will get to leave first. His interview also went well and the lucky bastard knows this because he could hear his future bosses talking about him afterwards from a window in HR. What kind of luck is that? That would be good luck.

I did receive a very nice and encouraging reply to my email from my would-be boss. He mentioned how much he enjoyed talking to me and that I left a very good impression on everyone I talked to. 3-4 weeks, what a bunch of hooey.

Fej

4 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

I too am in that frustrating position of waiting to hear back about a job. I had a great interview for what seems like a great job this morning, but won't know for 2-3 weeks! WHAT?! Bummer.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Carol Davidson said...

Ugh. The wait. I'll continue to keep my fingers crossed.

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah - my youngest used to pass out on a regular basis. Sort of attention seeking while crying. It was a bit spooky but nothing to worry about- the brain takes over as soon as they lapse into unconsciousness and they come around very quickly.

5:38 PM  
Blogger TMock said...

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crosses for you!

I've seen a few fist fights and twice I've seen people just get cold cocked. Your post reminded me of a scene in the movie Friday where some guy gets hit square in the face, falls down and is unconscious while the character of Smokey runs to the guy, stands over him and yells, "You got knocked the f*ck out!"

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home