Friday, March 11, 2005

The Weekend, Finally.

Boy Howdy, did I have a great Friday night! Out partying? Woman 18 + at my place not related to me? Just having the opportunity to go out and drink irresponsibly? Nope, none of those. Tonight I tackled the little one’s room, yes the one where you actually take your life into your own hands just by entering.

I not only entered, but stayed, cleaned, moved, tossed out, and ended up with a rearranged dirty room. It was enough to scare the little critters into grabbing the important stuff and shoving it under their bed. I will examine what was saved from the pile tomorrow and make sure that all of it is of approved material. We will definitely need to remove a good chunk of it. Permanently.

I left work early today to pick up my kids. It wasn’t like we were doing anything anyway. I learned that my wife has a new “friend” from my kids on the way home today. He lives just down the street from me I found out. My kids said they know exactly where, they’ll show me next time we drive by. We’ll drive by tomorrow...

He lives in my neighborhood so I already know he’s not rich, but maybe he’s a sucker, and likes to be suffer at the expense of a needy woman. I can only hope.

Fej

7 Comments:

Blogger Carol Davidson said...

Your post might inspire me to venture into my three year old's room. Er... or maybe not.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Fej said...

Abby, that was not my intention. Don't do it, there is no payoff, they will just destroy it again. Usually only hours later.

Follow your instinct here...

10:34 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hi Fej thanks for visiting my blog :)
Have to admit, i am due to do my daughters room AGAIN...and to think, i thought it got better as they got older :(

10:53 PM  
Blogger TMock said...

At 16, my daughter is a pack rat who keeps everything; momentos from grade school, pictures of friends she hasn't seen in 10 years, old shoelaces...you name it and it seems everything has some sort of sentimental value. Not that I don't understand sentiment because I do but said sentiments need to be organized and I don't care how, just that they are and I have learned that so far, it's not gonna happen.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Well my sweet friend you have braved the room cleaning on a Friday night! High Fives babe! I've been dealing with sick one and have been really out of it, but hopefully we're on our way into the light. I ventured into my little one's room this week too...boy the treasures we find!

He's a sucker hun, but remember you don't need rich. Just someone to take the burden off of you. Like my thinking? :) C

6:18 AM  
Blogger Noala said...

I've given up on my daughters room (she's 15). She makes a trail from the door to the bed each night so I can go in and say goodnight. I just close the door so I don't have to look at it. It's not my responsibility anymore, it's her room, her things.

I have spent many hours helping her tidy her room, but as Fej says, it takes very little time for it to return to its 'natural' state, so I've decided not to expend the energy anymore.

She recently had a batch of pantry moths in there, she thinks they migrated from the kitchen due to spilled mouse food in her room. Maybe there'll be a clean up!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Fej said...

Michelle, nope you just spend less time in their room as they get older.

Tina, it's only going to get worse?

Christie, I hope your sick one's get better soon.

Melinda, it isn't something that you would want to deal with. You are right though, tossing junk feels good.

Noala, I was hoping it would get better. It doesn't sound like it.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home