Saturday, March 05, 2005

Rainy Saturday

It’s raining pretty hard here. We have had close to our full year’s worth of rain already in just three months. Good stuff but kind of weird for us desert folks.

I tried to find “The Gods Must be Crazy” tonight at a video store for the kids and I. I haven’t seen that movie in probably 20 years and I got this wild hair that maybe my kids would like to see it. It was nowhere to be found. I grabbed “Home on the Range” instead which was indeed a pretty good cartoon. It had been so long since I had been to Blockbuster that I had to open a new account... sad.

I’m just sitting here now, listening to the rain. My kids are getting along suspiciously well. I’m scared to intervene. I’m glad and all, it’s just such a rare occurrence.

Fej

6 Comments:

Blogger Shane said...

I think my kids going to be an only child...I saw the gods must be crazy II in german once, it seemed pretty funny.


Ive been wanting to really see some new films, a lot of foreign ones I consider real sleepers and tend to really enjoy.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

You two are total guys! "Gods must be crazy"? Huh..ick. As you were hunting that down I was watcing "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days." Love that movie. Own it. I still haven't watched my Notebook, but I'm thinking that will be perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon. I've already seen it, but I soooo want to see it again.

I am always here to offer you wonderful options in the world of "Chick Flicks." LOL.
C

7:28 AM  
Blogger Shane said...

I resent that, i really do like chick flicks, how to loose a guy was good. 13 going on 30 was cute. My favorite all time chick flick is probably "Addicted to Love". I saw kate and leopold not to long ago which wasn't that bad either (though I typically end up liking chick flicks cause most the actors/actresses they get work well together and I like their other works.)

I like other movies (foriegn ones) that are usually considered chick flicks, like Amalie was really good I thought.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

ok note to us..shane is a chick flick lover, if for nothing less than the "chicks".....:)

lol...oh and i was able to get the notebook in today. LOVE IT!!!!!

5:04 PM  
Blogger != said...

It's funny that you were looking for "The Gods Must Be Crazy" because I am looking at the DVD box for it right now. You should have said something earlier, I could have loaned it to you. :-P

I'm with Shane about chick flicks. Some of them push all the right buttons. I just recently watched "Love Actually" again and it still gets to me.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a good movie - a bit different! Was it really 20 years ago? Makes one feel ...old.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home