Thursday, February 24, 2005

Cute will only get you so far...

My youngest daughter turns 8 this Saturday. I have had to threaten her with canceling her birthday party as a last resort to her being an ornery little brat all week. Seriously, she has been in rare form. Last weekend she was sick and might have had an excuse but she wasn’t acting this way. By Monday (no school either) she was doing much better health wise. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning though, she has been a complete grump. She flat out refuses to do anything I say until I completely lose it. Then she’s a sobbing mess and instead of coming around eventually she just goes right back to being a grump. She pulled it with my sister too on Wednesday evening.

Bedtime has been officially changed as of tonight (earlier) and all of her clothes are set out for the next morning too. This had better be a little phase because I’m not going to put up with it anymore.

Big, deep, breaths.

I got the email today! Yup, my interview is officially rescheduled for the 8th of March and I can hardly wait. I’m nervous no doubt but not nearly as much as I was originally. Having it rescheduled has given me more time to contemplate things, prepare mentally, and what was originally hesitant thought about leaving my current job has been replaced with desperate want.

Tomorrow is Friday, my good buddy has a drinking pass for the evening and I really need a drink. Work is going to go by sooooo slowly...

Fej

3 Comments:

Blogger Christie E. Little said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Your daughter is the middle one, right? LOL...oh you know I have one just like yours and let me tell you..I'm not sure it's a total phase. The bedtime thing, though, is a start. Mine are totally in bed by 8...my 10 year old gets 8:30 if she's lucky. It just works better that way. Deep deep deep breaths. She's a girl. She's A prissy girl at that from what I understand. We Princess girls..are handfuls...I've been told. :)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Vics said...

Defo thumbs up for the job thingumajig honey - good vibes heading over the water for ya *hug*

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home