Saturday, February 26, 2005

Catchy Title

Last night’s beer outing with my good friend was uneventful and fun but we are so mellowing out. I can’t tell you how many times he and I left that very same bar (unfortunately not fit for the road either), both in huge trouble with our wives, way later than we had originally planned, and full well knowing it would be months before we would be allowed to go out again.

Recently, last night included, has not been like that at all. We had a few beers talked about everything like we had just seen each other the day before (it had been a month or two) and after eating we were just about sober. We left on time and still felt like it was a good night out.

Today was my youngest daughter’s 8th birthday and the party was at 1:00 PM. That hour crept up on us rather quickly but everything fell together somehow and turned out well. She has a ton of new crap that doesn’t fit anywhere in this house. Great.

I tried to find a sitter for the kids so I could go to my Jury get together but failed miserably. I wanted them to stay over night somewhere because I also could have made it to a poker party with some of my old friends. Instead of getting a sitter I ended up taking my nephew with us too. Huh. That didn’t quite work out as I had planned.

They did really well at the Jury party. They lasted nearly two hours and didn’t break anything I think. That gave me a little time to get into some pretty interesting discussions of “other” things that went on before, during and after the trial that several of us had not previously heard of. Nothing of course that would have changed our verdict but very interesting stuff all the same.

So instead of a poker party, I have four children systematically destroying the house while I type away in complete denial. It’s good to know they’re having fun though.

Fej

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol Davidson said...

"...systematically destroying the house while I type away in complete denial." Good line. I COMPLETELY relate. Thanks for the mention on the previous post, too!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Well complete denial once in a while might be ok, but the cleaning up after them is the part that totally sucks. LOL. I hope your weekend is going well.
C

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home