Friday, March 04, 2005

The Race is On

This story fits appropriately in that I have my interview on Tuesday. My coworker that I’ve worked closest with for the last several years just got a call today from an employer he applied for last week. He will have a telephone interview next week and very likely will get the job eventually.

For those of you who haven’t heard this joke before, here it is:

Two hikers are deep in the forest. From a distance one of them notices an angry grizzly bear coming down the hill right towards them. Both of them being seasoned outdoorsman they realize what is next. One of the hikers drops right there and begins swapping his hiking boots for a pair of running shoes. The other asks in amazement, “What are you doing?! You know damn well you can’t out run a grizzly bear!”

The hiker changing his shoes only looks up briefly as he finishes with the laces from the other shoe, “I only have to out run you...”

I’m the one putting on my running shoes. Neither of us wants to be the last one from the laser group left behind.

Fej

3 Comments:

Blogger != said...

LOL! I never heard that joke before. Hopefully that interview goes well. I'm dying at my new job trying to get adjusted to the schedule. Ugh...

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

goodluck with the interview.. hope it goes well. :)

12:10 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Now if that isn't a total guy post! LOL...I'm still on the poor daughter underwear post. It may not be that the panties are too big...it may be a combo that the panties are too big and the leotard is too small. It's a fine line. Poor poor man. The things you must learn so soon...lol. I'm laughing with you. :)

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home