Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Interview

Whew! It went really well.

I don’t believe I said anything terribly stupid the whole day. They feel I’m qualified for the job, they didn’t really ask me if I agreed. I got the impression that they were trying to sell me the job. It didn’t feel like I was applying, it felt like they were recruiting.

I do feel like I’m qualified although I didn’t have a full picture of what I’d be doing until later in the day, I was a little worried initially. This is definitely a high tech place. The benefits are fabulous and while he could only give me a ballpark figure, it sounds like it should be at least what I’m making now, maybe even more.

It could be a while before I know anything, but the guy I could be working for practically insisted that I call him for any questions I might have. I now have to scour the Internet for some really smart sounding question so I can call him soon. It’s kind of hard to type also since I’ve been floating around the house the whole evening.

Thanks for everyone’s words of encouragement, of course I’ll keep everyone informed of what happens.

Fej

5 Comments:

Blogger Carol Davidson said...

Hooray! That sounds great. I hope things continue to work out well.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Awesome, what exactly is it you do? :) I wish I was a good interviewer, but I tend to get nervous even though I really know my stuff...

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done - makes you feel great doesn't it.

9:02 PM  
Blogger != said...

Good Job Jeff! I bet you get it.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Fej said...

Thanks everyone, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed at this point.

Shane, I'm an engineer with the wrong degree. Mostly process and manufacturing, I have done some automation and vision stuff with VB though.

That's why this job is such a big deal for me. It's a great place and they want my experience not my degree.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home