Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Bunk Beds are for TWO! Not one...

Has it been a couple weeks yet? No? Just barely one day huh? Waiting to find out if I got the job is going to be worse torture than waiting for the interview or worrying about rescheduling because of jury duty.

Anyhow life goes on, ready or not...

My oldest daughter is absolutely tormenting me with one of her most ridiculous ideas yet. I can’t believe that she thinks I should go for this and yet she is dumbfounded that I can’t see it her way. We have completely outgrown this house. When we moved in, we had an extra room, just one kid no big deal. Now we are packed to the walls with the other two kids sharing a room. It’s not that big in the first place. The little ones have a bunk bed to maximize floor space so that they can completely cover that space with even more crap.

My oldest has decided that she should have the bunk bed. No, she doesn’t plan on allowing her brother or sister sleep on whichever bed is empty, she just wants the whole thing. She figures I can just go buy another bed since two beds in their room will take up even less floor space than one bunk bed. Uh, no.

I laughed her off the first night she made mention of this plan. Now, into the third day of various wild proposals that will either cost me money, leave a child without a bed, or require me attaching 4x4 posts to her bed raising it to the level of a bunk bed and she won’t back down. My admiration for her persistence is quickly morphing into annoyance.

There is plenty of other stuff going on too, but a growing pile of laundry is going to take precedence tonight.

Fej

1 Comments:

Blogger KEF said...

:) That can be if you have are dealing with someone who's unreasonable

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home