Sunday, March 13, 2005

Cars, Dumb People Who Drive Them, Kids and TV

Have you ever noticed that the number of stupid people driving around you is directly proportional to how late you are? Today was an exception though. Not only was there a lot of stupid drivers in my path while I was late but afterwards when I wasn’t late there were even more stupid drivers than before. Maybe there was some sort of convention in town? Obviously, I wasn’t invited...

How do you spell stress? S-T-R-E-S-S? Nope, wrong. You must not have K-I-D-S. That would be the correct spelling for stress. Then you have me, three kids, lots of stress but what do I always do? Ask for more stress or more kids in this case. I volunteered to take my niece and nephew this afternoon. So, five children and myself first destroyed a McDonalds play land and then we finished the near complete destruction of my own home. I swear my kids alone must have been on the trampoline for easily eight hours between Saturday and Sunday.

What did I do this afternoon? Oddly enough, I sat down and watched some TV. Of course I decide to do this with five children running wild in and around my home, and of course the History Channel has some earth shattering show on that I simply can’t pull myself away from. I probably caught about half of it even though I sat through the whole show.

Oh yes, I almost forgot. The amount of time you spend cleaning your car, especially the exterior, is indirectly proportional to how likely that the weather forecast is actually correct.


Fej

3 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

It must have been something in the air this weekend. My kids were like monkeys! Augh. I was so stressed my eyes were permanantly bugged out.

Adding more kids?!? You are such a brave, brave man.
-K.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Carol Davidson said...

I've decided that a clean house and car are just distant memories.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Shane said...

Ya anytime I want a little rain I clean my car.

Hmm I wonder what show was on the history channel, man if there is one channel that repeatedly has me gripped its that one. Yetserday I caught the histories unsolved mysteries on Pompeii.

Saddly (and geekyly enough) I have the upgrade from basic cable for the sole purpose that the history channel is only in that upgrade package and beyond. Stupid cable monopoly.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home