Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Snow Day!!!

What an odd storm for us. This is considered the desert but it’s relatively high altitude at 5500 ft, so occasionally we get real winter weather. It ended up snowing all last night and through much of the morning. I must have had 8 inches of snow in certain areas of my backyard. School was cancelled and the kids were outside romping over the beautiful white landscape by 7:30 AM. On a normal day, I’m literally still pulling them from their beds at that time. I even went out and played around with them for some time too. How you pack the snow is key to a good snowball... poor kids didn’t have a chance.

Towards noon I began to realize that the roads were fine and I should probably get to work. My wife had called the night before and insisted I bring them over early. I finally called her around 1:00 PM and asked if she was ready for the kids. I dropped them off and went to work.

This is their night to stay with mom, so I had the house to myself. Between the store, taxes, a conference call with Asia, and another stupid 10:00 PM indoor soccer game, I haven’t had much time to relax. By the way, when the other team doesn’t speak English, it’s usually a good indicator of just how badly you are going to lose.

Fej

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home