Monday, March 14, 2005

Flip-Flops, Snow, and Me.

Another morning of running late and just barely getting my oldest to school on time. I allow the younger two to bring their clothes for the day along with them since we have so much time to kill before they can be dropped off. It had rained the night before and it was a little chilly but not too bad. My younger daughter picked a bunch of inappropriate things to wear as usual and we eventually compromised. I should however have been a bit more specific when I asked if she had her shoes.

On Saturday, it hit 75 degrees Fahrenheit and was just great. I cleaned my car, weeded, and de-dog pooped my backyard. Monday afternoon, I had (well it might not have been absolutely necessary) to use 4-wheel drive to get out of the parking lot at work. It had already snowed about 4 inches and as I write it’s still snowing. So there is my daughter wearing flip-flops at school today.

I just have this nagging feeling that Child Services and I will be speaking intimately one day...

There was a snowball fight in my backyard at about 8:30 PM this evening and my psycho snow cat is way happy and soaking wet. You should see this feline, she is black, doesn’t mind the rain and absolutely loves snow. I’ll try to get a few pictures or her “hiding” in the snow tomorrow morning.

The local authorities have already declared a two hour delay tomorrow morning, I wouldn’t mind a bit if they close the schools altogether. It would be the first time in probably six years so we are far overdue.

Fej

7 Comments:

Blogger Shane said...

Hmm snowing in abq would explain the sudden chill here, was 75 over the weekend and I accomplished bout the same :)

10:24 PM  
Blogger TMock said...

Isn't Spring supposed to be right around the corner? Yeah. Not here, either.

10:56 PM  
Blogger != said...

Gosh I miss snow. The best we got was a couple of flakes here and there in December. The Organ Mts. got a bit of it though...

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought New Mexico was a desert.It snows?! There is a lot I don't know about America! It has never snowed where I live in Auckland NZ.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

The desert is not always hot (it is in the summer) and its not always dry (it usually is, especially in the winter) but we get some good humidity here around july... which sucks for those of us with evaporative coolers :)

7:39 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

my son would wear flip flops every single day if I would let him! No matter the temperature outside! He doesn't like to wear jackets either, so you can imagine how many nasty looks I get from the teachers each winter when he shows up without his coat! I give up!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

It's the same thing in this part of the country - warm one day, snow 12 hours later. Gotta love March!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home