Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Grumpy

Day two of what is going to be a long five days has nearly passed. I’ve complained before about how hard it is to get back into the swing of things at work, but this time seems worse. It did help that I was pretty busy at work today.

My poor dog also has to get readjusted to having no one but the cats around during the day. I feel like he has been extra clingy this evening. Each time I step backwards, I step on him. If I even approach what appears to be a sitting position anywhere in the house, he finds some way to get in my lap, rest his head on me or at the very least just lean against me. I hate that this gets on my nerves. Mostly because this poor dog’s life revolves around mine, which hardly seems fair for him.

I picked up two of my three children without incident. The oldest had been invited by her mother to take advantage of free passes to a local gym pool. It wouldn’t be a big deal, but I picked them up at 5:30, and they all appeared ready to leave.

I finally tried calling at 9:30 PM and they were just leaving the pool. Hello? It’s the first school night after a long break, now it’s after 10:00PM and still no child. I called again, she had “just one more errand to run”.

Now, I’m just grumpy. I don’t like being grumpy, I don’t like being around grumpy people, but I’m not going anywhere so I’m stuck with a grumpy person tonight.

Fej

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home