Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Enjoying Vacation...

We all slept in really late again. My mom called to remind me that her and my grandfather would be coming by this morning, between 11:00 and 11:30. Crap! I only had like half-an-hour... No, my stupid alarm clock was an hour ahead for whatever reason.

I leisurely started picking up and just as I was about to start vacuuming came the pounding on my door. Mom! It’s 10:30! Oh well, they probably would have been more surprised to see the house clean than in the state it was in.

The kids and I did a little shopping around for various items. One of our stops was at Hobby Lobby, a Wal-Mart sized arts and crafts store. I found quite a few things I wanted to buy, cool projects for the kids, house stuff etc. I brought back a Chinese painting rolled up nicely on a trip sometime back. It’s really nice and big. I spent about $12 on the painting and it’s going to cost at least $150 to get it framed. Back in the closet you go... I spent a whopping $0.16 on a straw for my son’s RC car antennae, that has to be a record of some sort.

We stopped at my parent’s house to see off my grandfather as he is leaving for Houston tomorrow. I dropped my kids off at their mom’s which makes two nights this week so far. I had an indoor soccer game at 10:00 PM, which is just wrong.


On Sunday, when everyone started learning the news about the Tsunami in Asia, I reflected on how lucky we are not to be anywhere near that area. A good friend of mine had vacationed at a beach side resort in Thailand just last year. Two uncles from my mother's side traveled and lived in the area for years at a time.

Shit. At my parent’s tonight, I learned that my Aunt, Uncle, and two daughters from my father's side, who live in Singapore (uniquely protected from events like Tsunami’s and Typhoons) were vacationing in India for Christmas. No one had their itinerary, and no one has heard a word from them either. Hopefully they are all okay.

Update

While it doesn’t reduce the severity of the tragedy in Asia, my own family can rest a little better now. My Aunt, Uncle and family were vacationing in Northern India and are fine.

Fej

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home