Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas

Christmas Eve

We had my parent’s ex-neighbor’s Christmas Eve party to go to. Everyone has since moved to other homes but they still have a party every year. I grew up with their daughters. Last year, their mother had suggested that her younger daughter and I get together since my marriage was dissolving. This year, I was thinking we should, she looked pretty amazing. She’s a glass blowing artist from the northwest and has always been a bit wild. This year she cut off her dreadlocks and while still in vintage dress, this year’s was very sexy.

After that party we briefly stopped by my sister’s and then went on to my mother-in-laws home. She lives with my sister-in-law and boyfriend. My wife showed up on time and we began waiting until midnight to open presents. In the mean time my soon to be brother-in-law was making us Bloody Mary’s. He just kept grabbing my glass and refilling as needed. They seemed strong, but I thought it might just be the mix since I hadn’t tried it before.

The kids were bouncing off the walls, so I suggested we have a CST Christmas instead of MST. Everyone agreed and the presents were torn into. I got some nice shirts and the kids did pretty well also. At the end of the night my wife convinced my youngest daughter to stay with her at the apartment. I reminded her to be at our house early for the “Santa” gifts. When I got home I managed to set out cookies and milk and the unwrapped “Santa” gifts. I don’t remember all of it thanks to the never ending Bloody Mary’s but it all got done.

Christmas Morning

It was instantly morning and I called my wife to wake her up at 6:30 AM. She answered I and asked her to get over here soon. I called again at 7:00, 7:15, 7:45, many more times with no one answering. By this time, my other two had already began playing with their gifts. I get up and ready, we pack the car with all the gifts and sit around waiting. Finally, she calls at 8:30 “they are on their way.” I call to check on her at 9:00 and she answers, “we’re leaving now.” We are supposed to be at my parent’s no later than 10:00 and it takes a half-hour to get to their house. It’s not even 10 minutes to her apartment from my house. She finally shows at 9:30, I’m livid, luckily only my wife notices. My daughter grabs her Santa gift and we’re out the door.

Nope, I’m back in the door grabbing something to clean up the entire-can-of-last-night’s-soda spill in the car.

We finally make it to my parent’s house, now I can relax, it’s Christmas after all. Then my Dad asks, “Where is Grampie?”

I forgot to pick up my Grandfather. Who lives about 5 minutes from my house. Those Bloody Mary’s are really starting to hurt about now, but another 45 minutes on the road and we are all back at my parent’s house.

In a half-hour, none of this morning’s adventures mattered, we all had a wonderful Christmas Day.

I hope everyone else has a wonderful holiday too.

Fej

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home