Thursday, December 16, 2004

Sponge Bob, Drinks, and Dating

I just admitted, albeit anonymously in a poll, that the only television show I watch on a daily basis is Sponge Bob. Realizing your life has come to this point might just make you stop and reflect on just how the heck you got there.

Not me, I’m in denial. I watch plenty of other programs too. There’s uh, Fairly Odd Parents, Winnie the Poo and Friends, ummm... I know there is more, Yu Gi Oh(?). And yes! I watched a couple hours worth of the History Channel and even a few minutes of a NFL game last Sunday. Granted that’s the first time in a few months but it shows I haven’t completely given up, yet.

I’ll save you the suspense: I don’t watch a whole lot of TV that isn’t animated. And what I do watch is in passing or just while doing dishes, making dinner, picking up the living room, etc.

My wife had the kids over tonight. There I was at work not knowing what the heck to do with a night off. Since I had fixed the washing machine, all other pressing matters were rather minimal. I wanted to go out but with who and where and it was Thursday, and Friday and Saturday were going to be big party/drinking nights already. My good friend somehow sensed my lack of need to be somewhere so we went out for a drink. The girl I have been out with on a few occasions recently also came along but she couldn’t stay out late. We didn’t stay out that late anyway and only had a couple drinks.

We talked a lot about dating tonight. I had very little to say. It’s been nearly 13 years since I’ve been on a date (with someone I wasn’t married to) and I was a teenager at the time to boot. I want to. I don’t know how to go about it unless it jumps in my lap and my cats don’t count. I’d lie outright about dating to my kids, I just couldn’t deal with that right now.

“That’s not lipstick, it just uh... marker, no sharpie! Yes, I dropped a marker and it bounced and ... hit my neck... yup that’s how it happened.”

"Now go to bed."

Nope, I don’t think I’m ready.

Fej

3 Comments:

Blogger != said...

With the multitude of stuff that could happen in one's life, I'm surprised that any of us are ready for anything. Just go with the flow and see what happens. :-)

5:15 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

ok, now follow my lead....deeeep breath. lol...you sooooo don't need to worry about the dating thing right now. First things first, let's get you on to some adult programming. I discovered tivo..lol. Therefore, once bedtime comes...no more full house or kim possible. :)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I kind of like Sponge Bob. I don't have kids and I'm single, and I watch it regularly.

As for the dating thing...bleh. I have decided I am just going to do the things I want to do and if I happen to stumble upon someone I like and want to be with, and he feels the same, then so be it. But in the mean time I'm just going to do the things I want to do and need to do.

You have a lot going on in your life, and if you happen to meet someone along the way, that would be great for you. But in the mean time, it seems like you're doing a great job with what you have on your plate.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home