Thursday, December 09, 2004

Back to the grind

It wasn’t an abnormal day by any means. Everything went okay after I picked the kids up from my wife’s apartment. The kids were overly excited to see me and I was happy for that of course. Then it turns into, “let’s get your shoes on and go home.” Then 15 minutes later that turns into “Get your stinking shoes on!” My wife is usually distracted with something, now it is currently FR who is apparently without a home right now. I’m not implying that they are doing anything on an intimate level. If you knew the situation you wouldn’t make bets either, but you’d hesitate just like me.

She wants to start taking the kids two nights a week, but she’ll have to do better than reminding me as we are leaving. I don’t think there was any miscommunication here, just no explicit discussions of our true intentions. I knew it was Thursday, but when I called to say I was on my way to pick them up, she didn’t bring up the idea of them staying the night until everyone was packed and out the door.

Kids

I turned “I don’t want to go to bed!” and “I’m not tired!” into “Throw us again, Dad!”

Yes, tossing your children, actually throwing them into bed, does help. They were no doubt laughing hysterically, but there was only one request for water and then they were asleep. It has backfired previously, but tonight it worked perfectly. After tossing them each a couple times back into bed, (360’s and 180 kid flips included) they eventually stopped laughing and fell asleep.

The not supposed to be heard comments of “Did Dad throw you into bed too?!” and “Yeah, but did you flip like I did?! And then them slipping off to sleep happily are music to my ears.

Sad stuff

I don’t need to link anything here, I suppose any Pantera fan knows what happened today. Beyond this though, I don’t know what to say.

Fej

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Yes, that was a shockingly tragic thing.

(But I really liked the kid flipping piece - nice!)

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home