Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Score 1 for Dad!

Since my dog ate my daughter’s advent calendars again this year (the kind that have chocolate inside) I needed to go buy a new one. My oldest daughter decided she didn’t want another one since the chocolate wasn’t very good. I’ll let the kids stay by themselves for quick trips down to Walgreen’s. Besides they were working on homework.

At least my youngest daughter was doing her homework, the other two were harassing each other to no end. I waited to leave until they had settled down a little. I threatened them with their lives and then went into the garage and then waited by the door as the garage opened. I popped my head back in and there was my son lying across the coffee table in her face sticking his tongue out at my oldest daughter. That was no shocker but the fact that she wasn’t pounding him into the floor was almost unsettling. She was actually pretending he wasn’t there. Which of course, completely infuriates an ornery 1st grader.

I threatened him again with dire consequences and backed my vehicle out of the garage. I then left it running and checked back in on them one more time. This time my son was yelling at the top of his lungs at her. I told him that was his last chance, to get his shoes on (absolute torture) and he was coming with me. Denial was out of the question as I had busted him cold, twice. He was in tears by the time I opened the car door when I gave him one last chance. I let him back inside.

Before you write me off as a wussy dad who doesn’t follow through, lets first consider what I accomplished: I convinced my children to sit quietly and do their homework, all while I was out of the house at a store that they always want to go to (there are a surprising amount of toys there).

Hah! It worked too, little suckers!

Fej

2 Comments:

Blogger != said...

I started laughing when I read the last line. "Little Suckers."

1:55 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

LMAO! GO DAD!!!!
Enjoy the sweet taste of victory.
-K.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home