Saturday, December 04, 2004

Alone? At the party.

I went to a Christmas party tonight with my kids, parents, sister, brother-in-law, niece, nephew, brother-in-law’s brother and wife, and I still felt like I was there all by myself. Yes, I’m a bit of a wallflower to begin with but towards the end of the night my kids actually had to pull me out of a conversation. That was just because this guy was talking about lasers and I hoped I could somehow score a connection for a job.

The introductions began as everyone walked in. Due to the size of the party and the immediate disbursement of my children in completely opposite directions of the house I was not around as everyone else got introduced. It wasn’t such a big deal after a while, but it did make me realize what a difference it makes when you show up at an event like that with a significant other compared to own your own.

Now, I’m installing software (basically begging for some sort of disaster to occur) and kids outnumber me 4-1 since my nephew is here too. Wait, my youngest stayed with my parents, so it’s just like normal except he has twice the ability of any of my children to cause trouble and significant structural damage.

Fej

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

There is nothing wrong with standing back and just hanging out at parties. I do it all the time - parties, bars, most places I go. I just like to people watch.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home